Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Marilyn Monroe 550 piece puzzle- Sadly I cannot put it together.





This is a beautiful puzzle that is almost impossble (to me at least) to finish.

 I LOVE this photo of Marilyn. She is wearing a gold lame Travilla gown in this famous photo series. Marilyn wore this gown briefly in the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and later at the Photoplay Awards where she won the Fastest Rising Star of 1952 award. *This info was from the The Marilyn Encyclopedia by Adam Victor.

Over the years, I have tried now and again to put this gorgeous Marilyn puzzle together. And sadly gave up each time.

It's not just the huge fact that this puzzle has 550 pieces that is intimidating enough but the confusing numerous black background pieces has been the main reason I cannot do this puzzle. The puzzle pieces are also very small. I don't want to give up but it is very annoying to have this puzzle (in it's many pieces) spread out on a table for weeks screaming at me "Finish Me!".

It think I will research online some tips on how to put together a jigsaw puzzle. I had done this in the past and there actually is a logical method of matching shapes to fit together.

We shall see. I will keep you up dated on my progress.

Marilyn Monroe Puzzle by Golden 5291
550 pieces
15 1/2 x 18" inches

Here is a link to the other Marilyn puzzle I wrote about on my blog previously that I WAS actually able to put together. 

Do you have any tips on how to put together this puzzle?

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment