Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Dogwood Festival 2014 Pictures

 The Dogwood Festival is held in Fayetteville, NC for three days every year. This year some bands for the concerts were The Marshall Tucker Band and John Michael Montgomery. These two were the main headliners. Not necessarily my type of music but they were both amazing to listen to and watch perform.

The opening band for CC Martin (country singer) and John Michael Montgomery was a local band called Outcry. Wow! They were really good. I got really excited when they played an Alice in Chains song "Check My Brain". First time I every heard an Alice in Chains' song played live before. The band did a very good job too. Added plus, the drummer looked like Jerry Cantrell in his younger badass long haired days. Sadly I did not bring my camera on those days.

Going to this festival and watching the bands reminded me of my love of seeing bands play live. I have missed the thrill of watching talented people sing and play instruments. My favorite place to watch bands is either right in front of the stage or side stage. Watching bands set up and take down their equipment is cool too. Yes, I'm a definite fangirl. But not a groupie. LOL!
This cover band was called Liquid Pleasure (LOL! yeah I know) but they were AMAZING.



Liquid Pleasure Cover Band. They played everything. All kinds of music.


This was the average price of the food. Very expensive and very unhealthy.




 More pictures to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment