Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Beauty Review - Queen Helene The Original Mint Julep Masque




This clay mask is another cult favorite skin treatment. I love using this mask a couple of times a week as part of my skin routine. It smells slightly of mint chewing gum so it does contain added fragrance. There is a pleasant cooling sensation on the skin as the product is drying.
After watching a Vivanna Does Makeup video on her youtube channel, I have been following her suggestion of applying the mask with a foundation brush. I use an Elf foundation brush with synthetic bristles. I really don’t recommend using a thick fluffy soft brush. I apply to the face and the neck being very careful to not apply it to the delicate skin around the eyes.
The elf foundation brush is a great solution for not getting my hands covered with clay  this definitely helps me to want to use this mask more often during the week. Less cleanup is very nice because clay masks can be very messy.
I have combination skin that has dry areas and my skin felt very moisturized and clean after I removed the mask. You can apply a thick layer of the clay to have a deeper cleaning of the skin or a thin layer when you want to just quickly add a good cleansing treatment step to a daily skin routine.
The mask takes about ten to fifteen minutes to dry. I use a washcloth with warm water to gentle dab the mask off my face and neck. Then I follow up with a cleanser either Cetaphil or Olay Foaming Face Wash.
 The claims on the label: Does it “rinse away blackheads”? I didn’t notice this at all. “Helps relax tired muscles and ease tension lines on the face and neck.” If you do a very thorough facial massage while applying the mask with your fingers, I guess this could happen.
I love this mask because my skin loves it and it is very inexpensive. I purchased it at Walmart for about  $4.00.
Have you ever used Queen Helene Mint Julep as part of your skin routine?
Thanks for reading!















No comments:

Post a Comment