Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Dogwood Festival - Music, Inspiration and Motivation


I attended all three days of the annual Dogwood Festival yesterday. The funny thing is it all happened by accident. Everyday I make sure I get out and see new things. While going to one place, I noticed the festival was setting up. Unlike past years when I didn't think it would be interesting, I decided to just go and explore.

Wow. I had the best time I have had in a really long time. Listening to live music had been such a huge part of my life for many years and for a long time I had not been pursuing that passion. Stepping out of my comfort zone, I decided to talk to people and ask questions. Being shy will limit your life. I learned this the very hard way.

Speaking to the right people, I was able to find out the details of  the festival. As a result I saw (for free) a lot of live music: The Marshall Tucker Band and a couple of really good cover bands. Funny thing, the drummer for one of the bands (Outcry) looks just like Jerry Cantrell from Alice in Chains when he was younger. I had some fan girl loving guys with long hair moments. LOL!

I'm going to write another post or two about what I learned about myself, why exercise is even more important to helping you do what you want to do., and how living your passion is truly living life to the fullest.

Stay tuned for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment