Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cassette of the Day - Everything But The Girl -The Language of Life

Everything But The Girl- The Language of Life 1990



This is such a relaxing cassette to listen to. Driving is my favorite song. Tracey Thorns' vocalizing at the beginning of Driving  just sets the cool mood. Get Back Together is another favorite track to listen to.

The band's name is in reference (I heard in an interview a loooong time ago) to a store that sold household goods named Everything But The Girl. I guess to clarify - a place where a guy can get everything for the home except a lady friend to share it with him.

 Off topic, I used to past by a store that was no longer in business named We May Have it. They probably didn't have it because the building had been long abandoned. I always laughed when I read that sign.

One of my biggest gripes about the music of today is how so few of the singers have amazing strong interesting voices. In the 80s and the 90s even if I didn't like a band, I would at least have to admit the vocalist could really sing or the band could really play. This is not true today in my opinion. There are just a few singers that have quality voices in today's music industry.

Give Everything But The Girl a listen and tell me what you think.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment