Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Life Lessons I've Learned from Turtles

One of my "pet" ceramic turles

I don't know where or when my love of turtles began. They are so cool, focused calm but very determined and persistent. These are all qualities that I am striving for in my own life. One slow but strong step at a time. Turtles never seem to get stressed or frustrated. They do not seem to let the annoyances of life bother them at all. They don't seem to be able to be such good swimmers but they are. This is a lesson about the fact that  looks can be totally deceiving.

Turtles have things to do and places to go. They seem to have a goal or an important appointment and they will make it to this appointment no matter what obstacles block their path. Flip them over, they will not give up until they are the right side up and slowly steadily moving forward.

One foot in front of the other. Turtles seem to not care what other's think of them. They have a very strong outer shell to let the negative stuff of life just roll off or bounce off. But turtles are soft on the inside. Being hard within your heart can cause as many problems as being too soft on the outside. Develop a hard shell to shield your mind against the nasty stuff life throws at you.

Yes I definitely love turtles for a lot of very important reasons not just because they are so cute. Today I choose to move forward towards my goals. One step at a time. Sometimes I will go slow. Other times I will be able to move a bit faster. My life goal is to move forward. I have things to do and places to go.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment