Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

I Went For A Walk And Found A Hidden Lake


I went to a park to go for a walk/hike workout for my birthday. Everyday I try to get out of the house and have an adventure discovering something new. The last time I went to that park was several years ago. Yes it had lots of trees, a couple of playgrounds, tennis courts, and a softball field. I vaguely remember all of those things But where in the world did the HUGE beautiful lake come from? 

Honestly, I never saw this lake before in the past or ever heard anyone say "hey we're going to the lake in that park to hang out on the dock, go boating or fishing." It's incredible that I could have been visiting this amazing place all this time. I am so mad. Grrrrrrrrr  LOL!

Looking through the newspaper, doing research on new places to go for a walk or a hike is what gave me the idea to go to this nature park. Instead of going to park the car where I remembered parking last time I was there, I drove in a different direction. Got out walked a very short distance and just off the walking trail there was a large body of water - a lake. 

The last time I was on a deck like this was at Barefoot Landing at Myrtle Beach, SC. I was in heaven. The water was sparkling in the sunlight. Geese were honking at each other. A couple of people were fishing off the dock. Fishing is serious business. There was lots of concentration going on. I didn't see anyone catch anything. I am secretly happy for the fishes.

There is no doubt I will be visiting this lake several times a week. The paved walking trail is not very long in distance but it has some good hills that will be a great leg and butt workout. The nature trails are going to be awesome for quick but challenging workout hikes.

There was a guy walking the trail with an acoustic guitar. That gentle music he was strumming and looking at the trees and gentle waves of the lake made this birthday the BEST birthday I have ever had.  Loved it!

Later in the day, I watched a group of people playing tennis and some young girls having their tennis lessons. I have never watched a tennis game in real life before. Suddenly, I am really interested in learning how to play. One of the ladies was wearing a dark navy tennis tank top and tennis skirt. I want that outfit so bad! Goal: to get that outfit and look good in it. More motivation to exercise.

I am so excited to find this hidden jewel in my city. Being outside walking and hiking is a lot more fun than going to a gym. It's easy to stay motivated when I am surrounded by the beauty and peacefulness of the great outdoors.

Get outside and explore your surroundings. You never know what treasure you might find. Please enjoy my photos of the lake. Tell me what you think.


Thanks for reading!


















No comments:

Post a Comment