Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Natural Hair Product Review - Cantu Shea Butter


Cantu Shea Butter is a very popular holy grail hair care product in the natural afro hair community. I have been using it in my natural hair routine for years. It is definitely my favorite leave in conditioner. After trying several other leave in conditioners, I always come back to Cantu Shea Butter.

I apply the product right after I have deep conditioned and washed my hair.  Depending if it is the warmer or cooler months, I usually apply Cantu Shea Butter, olive oil and coconut oil then braid my hair and let it air dry.

Since I have very coarse dry hair, I have to use a lot of deep condtioners and oils to keep it moisturized. In fact my hair just absorbs the products like a sponge, so I'm in a state of constantly fighting to keep my hair from becoming dry and brittle.

Some people have said in reviews they experienced a white build up when they have used the product. I have never had this problem. Another way I use Cantu Shea Butter is with my actual shea butter mix I make myself. I use a lot more shea butter mix in the cold months when my hair is a lot drier. A future blog post will have details of the ingredients I put into my shea butter mix.

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner does seem a little bit "wet" when applied to dry hair. As a result my hair's curls become a bit more defined. I love the product because it helps to retain a lot of moisture in my hair. There is a slight scent to the product but it is not strong and I've never smelled after I applied the product to my hair. It has a medium thickness creamy texture. The sixteen fluid ounces container lasts a very long time although I use it every time I wash my hair.

It is very inexpensive and this is another reason I love this product. I try to keep my natural afro hair routine very simple and quick. When I find a product that works, I am very loyal to that product. Over the many years I have been natural, I have repurchase this several times. 


Have you used this product before?

Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment