Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Today Is My Birthday. Another Year To Be Thankful

Myrtle Beach - Sand and Waves

Another year and another birthday. I am so blessed. As I get older, the years seem to past by faster and faster. I have so much to be thankful for. I am in better health than I have been in a very long time.This past year has been a full year of eating cleaner and exercising more often. The results have amazed me.

Staying healthy is not easy. Staying healthy is work. I realized quickly that if I want to be in good health, I have to make good choices (food and exercise) every single day for the rest of my life. Every day adds up to a lifetime. I am humbled when I look back at all of the horrible eating habits I once had. Lessons learned the hard way.

What advice would I get to my past self? I would tell my 20 something self to stop worrying so much, everything will work out for the best. Also, I would say to my much thinner 20 year old Thomasina, "Take care of your body, it is precious."

Excellent mental and physical health are the most precious things we all as humans have. Without either of these two priceless things, we have nothing. Time has taught me materials things come and go but you have to live with yourself and your decisions. 

I am thankful that I can say I am happy. Especially since I truly know what it is like to be very unhappy. Taking better care of myself has helped me to bounce back quicker from life's disappointments and negativity. Pushing forward towards my positive goals has brought me so much inspiration and joy in my life.

Learning to love and accept myself has been another huge positive breakthrough in my life. Be the best Thomasina I can be and stop worrying what others think. Get out in the world and live a full positive, meaningful life. 

Every day is precious. You can never get back any time that is gone. The past is the past. Live in the present completely. Love who you are :)

Thank you so much for reading! Happy birthday to you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment