Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fitness and Nature Walk - It Is Closer Than You Think

I decided to go for a walk and realized a nature walking trail that seemed very far away is actually within close walking distance of my house.

 This is a complete shock to me. Maybe I decided to not let myself think it was close enough for me to reach on foot. Or maybe my fitness level has improved enough that I am able to walk to the location.. I'm sad to think of all the excuses I made that prevented me from getting out of the house and exercising.

A wooden bridge is the walkway over the wetlands. 

It is about a 25 minute walk to reach the trail from my home, so it isn't close but it isn't very far away either My goal is to walk the trail at least 2 times a week.



A view from the wooden bridge. Lots of lush green plants in the forest.




I a lucky shot of "God rays" shining down into the trees. Breathtaking!


Big fluffy white clouds and blue skies.

A perfect day for a walk. When I walk in beautiful surroundings like this, I don't feel like I'm actually exercising. My mind feels so peaceful and inspired. I clear my head of life's problems and am rewarded with inspiration and better health.

A serious sidenote: Please be aware of your surroundings when you are outside exercising. Know who is around you and notice who is watching you. Safety first. Protect yourself. Don't have music so loud in your earbuds you can't hear people coming up or driving up behind you.
Always carry your phone. Have emergency numbers listed. I made a copy of my drivers license and listed the numbers on that paper.

Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment