Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Neckace Of The Day - Silver Flower Pendant


I do love pendant necklaces. I have quite a few of them with all different types and sizes of pendants. When any piece of jewelry breaks and cannot be repaired the next I do is to see if the pieces can be hung on a chain or a cord to become a "new" pendant necklace. Recycle and reuse then you always have your own unique DIY accessories.

This silvertone openwork flower pendant necklace reminds me of jewelry from the seventies. I wouldn't wear the clothes from that time but I do like some of the jewelry. I think this silver chain necklace would probably have been worn with a dark brown or mustard colored ribbed turtle neck sweater and hip hugger flared jeans.

This necklace is a lot easy to accessorize than the pendant necklace I blogged about yesterday. As with all of my larger size pendant necklaces, I keep my choice of outfits just solid colors and a streamlined silhouette.

The tassel as the bottom on the silvertone disc is a nice detail that adds a bit of extra movement and sparkle when I wear the necklace. Lesson learned. When I buy another vintage pendant necklace, I will be careful about noticing the actual size of the pendant. I will definitely try it on and look in a mirror to see if I can get a lot of wear out of the piece.

Do you have any pendant necklaces? How do you style them?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment