Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Alice in Chains - I Am A Fan Girl But Not That Kind of Fan Girl

Fancy tour buses with the sides extended out for extra interior room.

This is the low key hiding in the bushes view of the buses. Just joking. I didn't hide.

Yes. I am a fan girl. I have no problem admitting it. These are photos of the Alice in Chains tour buses. I was very blessed to be able to attend the Alice in Chains concert in Raleigh, NC May 7, 2014 at the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium. They ROCKED! It was an amazing show.

But this is a bit of the before-the-show-I-hope-it-get-a-peek-at-the-band thing I go through every time I go to see  a concert. I've always been very interested in the behind the scenes activities that happen before and after every concert.

First things first. No I did not see the band or crew anywhere near the buses. There was a highly observant security guard that made me not want to make any casual approach towards the cool expensive looking shiny buses.

Second. I would have just wanted a humble autograph on a piece of paper not any body parts. Brought my Facelift cassette liner so the band would be amazed at how cool I am  and then joyfully sign it. Nope that didn't happen either.

I quickly gave up gawking at the buses and the one tractor trailer. Were there more trucks somewhere else because Katy Perry had sixteen big rigs for her tour?

After the concert, the idea is to head around to the back of the venue and hope to see the band coming out to go to the limo or the buses. A few people did this but not very many. I just stood over to the side to see what would happen.

 I was standing with another woman far away from building and I turned to her and said "I don't want to be that girl who is creeping around the buses hoping to see the band.." We both laughed.

The limo drove off and the buses stayed. We waved at the stretch limo - do not know if the band was in there or not.

Then I walked the three blocks to my car. There was no way I was going to pay seven dollars for parking.

Oh yeah, the concert was AWESOME! I will be posting a couple of blog post about it in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment