Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

My Silver Pin/Brooch Collectiion

My silver pins and brooches collection on a satin skirt hung on a door.

I started collecting jewelry years ago and I always loved finding pins and brooches. When I watch old black and white movies, I always look at what accessories the actresses are wearing. They would a lot of the times wear the entire jewelry suite: matching earrings, necklace, pin, and bracelet. I would always be inspired to go thrifting or sometimes buy new pieces and try to put them together like those fascinating moving images of fashion.

Unfortunately, for the past couple of years, it has been very difficult to find  vintage jewelry in thrift shops. People are donoring the pieces less often (selling it themselves)  and when they do donate, the pieces are priced a LOT more expensive and sell very fast. I am so thankful I accumulated all the jewelry when they were easier to find and very inexpensive.

Displaying my jewelry is the same as displaying a piece of art in my home. I also try to make a point to wear a different jewelry item every single day. I do not want to just collect things and let them go unused. That is a waste of time and money. Possessions are to be enjoyed.

My gold pin/brooch collection post will be up soon.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment