Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

DIY Sea Shells and Sand Display

This is a very quick inexpensive way to bring home a tiny bit of your beach vacation.

All you need is a few shells -ones you have collected from your relaxing walk on the beach or you can buy a bag of shells.

I was browsing around in The Christmas Tree Store and I saw a small net bag full of beautiful small whole shells. Usually the shells I find on the beach are fragments. But I still love the broken shells for their special charm. 

Next you need some sand from the beach and a clear glass jar or bottle to hide your display. 

Pour in your sand. Layer in your shells and presto! Your own beach display for your desk or table top. 






I saw sand and shell displays at the beach for $6.99 and up. You can make this in under ten minutes for free or very little money. 

Thank you for reading my blog post. 

Comment below if you have ever made a beach display before. 


No comments:

Post a Comment