Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

A Mermaid Lit From Within


She is a beautiful mermaid. She is a sculpture. And she is one more thing...






She is a "lamp". According to a sales associate, there is a light inside her tail. 







I discovered this beauty while on a beach vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. While browsing in the Gay Dolphin Gift Cove, I was on the stairwell,  I looked down into at the center where the water sculptures are featured and there she was.






The piece is a very dark almost black bronze color. Beautiful delicate facial features. The smooth tail is covered in a mosaic consisting of many pieces of light and dark green glass. The gorgeous mermaid tail is one of the most eye catching elements of the sculpture.









After a bit of research, I am sorry to say I don't know the name of the artist or the name of a company that made her. Information about how to contact the Gay Dolphin store will be linked and at the bottom of this post. 









There are two of these mermaids in the store, this one was near the back. The mermaid is about the size of a small child. You would definitely need to have a large open space to display her properly. I was also told she can be displayed outside.









Of course beauty has it's price - $ 899.98. Wow! This is a lot of money. It is a striking piece of art. Maybe someday I will be able to buy it.









This mermaid sculpture is the most beautiful piece of mermaid art of this type I have seen. I get so much inspiration every time I go to the store and see her. 



The Gay Dolphin website does not give you the entire experience of this full to the brim with gifts and souvenirs landmark  store in Myrtle Beach. 



Gay Dolphin Gift Cove
910 North Ocean Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, SC



The store is open year-round. 



Have you ever visited this store before? Comment down below and tell me. 

Thanks for reading my post!



All photos have been taken by Thomasina. Please do not take them without permission.

You can contact me at thomasinawords@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment