Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Marilyn Monroe Portrait Made Completely From Jelly Beans

Being a huge fan of Marilyn Monroe, when I saw this jelly bean portrait of her, I was completely awed and amazed.

I asked the young lady behind the counter details about this cool work of "candy art". She told me is the owners of the store made the art piece and it took two weeks. My most important question was how many jelly beans in the entire portrait but she sadly did not know. 

 

Lots of attention to detail: shadows, lines, and variation of colors.


A close up of the actual jelly beans. Will the jelly beans ever spoil or melt? Did the artists do a sketch or is there an actual picture underneath the jelly beans? I have always been interested in the creative process and techniques of artists.

The front entrance of the candy store located in Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC.

I don't even want to think what the world's biggest gummy worm would look like much less want to eat it. LOL!

Another blog post I wrote about Marilyn Monroe is here.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment