Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Biking Is Good For The Body and The Soul


I recently biked to a nearby lake and learned a lot about myself in the process.

One of my biggest and most important fitness goals is to become stronger. Until I started riding my bike I had no idea just how weak my leg muscles really are. I have seen the random old man riding a bike effortless up a very slight hill and I thought that can't be that difficult.

I was completely absolutely wrong. 

Riding a bike takes coordination and fitness. I have had to learn to really push myself through the pain and the lack of breathe to get to the top of the smallest hills. I have so much respect for people who can ride a bike for long distances and up very steep hills. 

Learning endurance and persistence have been key in my bike riding fitness sessions. It started off as just a way to save money on gas but ended up teaching me to never give up.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment