Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Campbellton Outdoor Amphitheater - A Magical Elf Meeting Place

 Campbellton Landing Amphitheater in Fayetteville, NC
I imagine this as a magical place where a high council of elves who meet in secret to discuss how to best deal with the annoying humans that have invaded their secret forest.

The amphitheater is located on the banks of the Cape Fear River. Click here to see the how the Cape Fear River rose high enough to flood the areas around the stage. When I looked at this picture, I was absolutely amazed and terrified. The distance between the water and the top of the river bank is very high. 

In my previous post, the pictures of the river banks may not seem to be very high but they are. The amount of water to rise that far to reach the amphitheater is incredible. I now have a very healthy respect for the power of the  Cape Fear River.


 The sitting areas are wooden planks with grasses growing out of plots of earth. This  is how the amphitheater seating was set up for plays in the recent past.  I wonder how the amphitheater seating looked when it was new? Was there actual seating where the grass grows now? 

It's so sad to see it now being used. I heard in the news recently that because of the flood damage, there was not going to be play performances presented there . Although, the amphitheater looks like a modern day abandoned roman amphitheater, I stood on the stage, the lights in the ceiling were actually turned on. 

This would be perfect for watching live music and movies outside at night in front of the Cape Fear River. I really hope this will happen soon. Maybe I will take my computer loaded with a favorite full length Alice in Chains concert or a favorite movie, a wonderful takeout dinner, a comfortable chair and have my own outdoor event.




 The stage is not very large but bigger than it looks in this picture.
 My view standing center stage.





 Standing side stage



 This is a view standing at the top at the back of the amphitheater.





 My photo of this forest does not give it justice at all. It was truly a magical and exciting experience to stand there hearing the quiet nature sounds, the leaves gently moving in the breeze and  fluffy plant seeds or flowers (I have no idea what they were) floating down. Think the floating fluff (not as much LOL!) in the forest seen in the movie Legend. Definitely a beautiful moment I very lucky to be in the right place at the right time.





I hope you enjoyed the photos I took. Have you ever been to an outdoor amphitheater like this?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment