Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Hunger Games Capital Citizen Costume and NC History Exhibit Pictures

 I saw this Capital Citizen costume on exhibit in the NC Museum of History in Raleigh.
 

 Two reasons I love watching movies: costume and production design. Every single movie I watch, I am studying in detail the costumes each actor is wearing. While everyone is looking at the actors, I'm looking over and around the people at the sets and the props. "That's the coolest carpet or desk blotter" I will tell people and I always get the "you are so strange" look. LOL!

 
 To be completely honest, one of the reasons I didn't like the Hunger Games movie is the costume and production design. Hated it. The costumes were over designed strangeness and looked cheap on screen. If a movie doesn't look amazing to me, I just become uninterested in watching it.
 





 Model of  what Blackbeard's pirate ship Queen Anne's Revenge might have looked like. Info next pic.
 
This exhibit was one on the most informative and balanced view of slavery and civil rights I have ever seen in a museum. I really enjoyed walking through the beautifully rendered displays and thoughtful written information about each exhibit. 

I had a wonderful time visiting the Museum of History. There was no charge for the exhibits. Beautiful building inside and gorgeous architecture outside. The gift show has a wide range of gifts from inexpensive North Carolina souvenirs to very expensive handmade jewelry. 

Other pictures from my day trip to Raleigh are here. Enjoy.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment