Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Easy Quick DIY - Turquoise Pendant Necklace


DIY Necklace

The materials I used:

 A cord from a broken necklace.

 A pendant from a long pendant belt . I never liked that belt and hardly ever wore it so I decided to take it apart and make one of the pieces part of a necklace.



Instructions:

 Loop the chain around cord and attach to pendant. I have a set of jewelry pliers I got from Ross. You can use any kind of pliers

That's it you are done! Very simple and very quick.

 If a piece of costume jewelry breaks or I just don't wear it anymore, I will look at the different elements of the jewelry and imagine how I can put it together to make a completely different piece.


With most of my costume jewelry collection, if piece breaks, and I can't put it back together to repair the original piece, I will reuse the parts to make something new and different.

When I am shopping the costume clearance section or thrift shops, I will not only look for items I will immediately wear but for jewelry I can take apart to make new pieces. Just think, the new piece of jewelry is unique. You have just made an original piece no one else will have.

You don't always have to spend money to have "new" things to jazz up your accessory wardrobe. Recycle, Reuse and Remake inexpensive jewelry into a completely new piece of jewelry you designed yourself.

Enjoy your  "new" necklace.

Another easy to do  DIY post -  A framed jewelry necklace holder.

Thank you for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment