Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Blue Skies and Sunshine - Perfect Day For A Walk

Today was the perfect day to go walking at the Cape Fear River Trail.

I love this time of year because I know Winter is wrapping up and Spring is on the way. 



This is the bottom of a kick butt hill. I take  big steps to make the hard trip up a bit quicker.



A view of the huge pond from the bridge. I wonder what is the difference between a lake and a pond? It so peaceful with the sun reflecting off the rippling water.

The Cape Fear River seen through the still in Fall mode woods on one side of the trail.


Big blue skies - I love days like this. Perfect cool but with just enough warmth to be comfortable temperature. The sun is shining bright. 




The covered bridge - I love looking at the shadow play of the wooden slats on this bridge.

 I take a quick break from my walk and stand at the railing to listen to the small but surprisingly loud waterfall running parallel through the forest.


The waterfall - I close my eyes and took the time to relax and clear my mind. 

Today was a very short walk. I turned around at the covered bridge and made my way back. Just under two miles today  but a good workout nonetheless.

I am so blessed to be able to be in good enough health to get out of the house and walk a nature trail.  Your health and time is so precious, take the best care of it you can.

Thank you for reading my blogpost.

Thomasina

Leave me a comment below or contact me by email thomasinawords@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment