Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Bracelet That Will Become A Necklace


Bracelet from Versona - green glass beads between two goldtone chains

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I love a bargin especially when it comes to costume jewelry.

I got this pretty bracelet for only $1.99. 




Another reason I love markdown price is that I make jewelry and I know I could not make this piece for such a small amount of money. The materials alone would cost more than just two dollars.

Why am I turning a bracelet I really like into a necklace? Because the green glass beads scratched my skin when I wore it. The beads are faceted and the points are sharp.

I was so bummed. This was the first time in all my years of wearing costume jewelry that this has ever happened. This was also the first time I've had a problem with Versona jewelry.

No problem. I will turn costume jewelry "lemons" into lemonade by attaching two separate pieces of chain to either side of the bracelet after removing the clasp. 

An instant "necklace" made from pieces of goldtone chain I recycled from old broken necklaces. The stones will not touch my bare skin so the scratchy problem will be solved. 

Lesson learned: Try on and really feel surfaces of the piece to see if it will feel smooth and comfortable if it will be worn on bare skin.

Have you had trouble with any costume jewelry purchases lately? I want to hear your stories. Please comment below.

Thanks for reading my blogpost.

Thomasina

No comments:

Post a Comment