Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

I Love Sugar - A Fantastic Fun Candy Store In Myrtle Beach, SC

Look! Mermaids! Their tails are made from candy

I don't have enough words to describe how much I love this store. It is I Love Sugar - a candy store in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Fun, colorful, kooky, sweet, happy, huge I could go on and on. I get so much energy and inspiration from bright fun colors and when I walk into this store I can't do anything but smile.


Candy filled tables and very comfortable chairs


It is located on the main "strip" of Myrtle Beach very near the boardwalk. This store is gigantic. The first time I went into the space, mouth just dropped. It is beautifully appointed with all kinds of fun treats to each for children and adults.


Look at how organized everything is. I love how everything has it's place and it does not feel cluttered at all. I don't know how in the world they keep it so neat and clean. The creative merchandise displays and art are an big part of what makes the store so appealing.


If you have been following my blog for a while (and please do on Blogger LOL!) you know I am obsessed with mermaid. I look up and saw this beautiful mermaids and knew this place is going to be one of my favorite places to visit in Myrtle Beach.




 

Hopefully one day I will meet the owner. I would love to ask him where he came up with the store's concept and who designed layout and displays of the store. It is a happy place that kids will love on sight. It is so much fun to watch the kids run around and enjoy the store.




Usually I don't like cement flooring, but it really works in this colorful crazy decor. It actually calms down and centers all the many colors and grounds everything.


 
 
 You can buy the candy in boxes or individual wrapped pieces. But I always get the loose candy sold in the self serve bins that you put into cute clear plastic bags with tongs or a scoop. There is a huge selection of loose candy in several display units around the store. Then you take it to the register and the sales associate will weight it.

It is a little pricy but I always just get a little bit at a time. Also along the store's back wall is a very impressive row of tall jelly bean dispensers. Just be careful not to pull the lever too hard or a huge splash of jelly beans will fall into your bag.


These tables face the street next to a floor to ceiling window. I enjoy people watching especially seeing how people's faces light up and smile when they look in at the all the candy and the bright colors. I was so inspired by this. I want to create things (words and art) that make people smile and laugh.



Mermaids are my spirit mystical beings. When I see a mermaid random somewhere, I think that mermaids find me where ever I am. I was really impressed with how these mermaids were done. I am very picky about mermaid art. I love this concept of photos of women with the candy creations for the mermaid parts.



A very close up shot of the preserved rock candy enclosed in the glass table top. I would love a table like this at home.



The gummy bear table close up. Followed by the M&M table. The tables are not very big in size. They are definitely eye catching. I wish I had thought of this idea.





To top things off there is even a Gelato ice cream counter beside the cash register. All the bases have been covered for any kind of candy you could think of .

I prefer visiting when it is off season and not very crowded. This store is special. You have got to see it for yourself and have fun while you are there.

Thank you for reading my post.

Thomasina

No comments:

Post a Comment