Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

A Necklace Becomes A Bracelet - Quick DIY


A $2.00 Rue21 necklace becomes...


a brand new bracelet!

I redesigned this necklace into a bracelet by simply shortening the chains on both sides.  
Lay the necklace across your wrist and gauge how loose or tight you want the bracelet to be.

Using my jewelry pliers to open the links to remove the excess chain then reattach the lobster clasp and the jump ring to the chain ends.

You now have a new bracelet!

It only took about 5 minutes to complete this super quick DIY. 

The necklace was so inexpensive, I had to buy more than one (LOL!). Layering the two necklaces was an idea at first but I thought of the matching jewelry suites from the 1950s and 1960s and got inspired to make a bracelet.

Do you ever give your jewelry a makeover? Tell me all about it in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

Thomasina

No comments:

Post a Comment