Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Peace At The Ocean


Last year about this time I was in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

I have such a peaceful spirit when I am at a beach. The first time I ever went to Myrtle Beach was during a vacation bible school trip with my church many years ago. Nothing can describe the feeling I felt when I first saw that huge expanse of blue water for the first time.

Myrtle Beach has changed so much over the years. I remember the small but busy beach town of my youth. Today Myrtle Beach is a city with many high rise hotels and lots of things to do and places to eat. After years of being away from MB and going back after it had been built up, shock is the only word to describe looking at how densely packed the buildings are.

But the ocean is my solitude, my peace, my calm, and my creative inspiration. No matter how touristy or frustrating the traffic is, my mind will always slow down and zen out when I walk out onto that beautiful sand.

Off season is my favorite time to visit the beach. I really don't like crowds and I don't like crowded beaches at all. I've never understood how people can go to the beach and not actually ever go on the beach.

I wish I could figure out a way to duplicate the peace I feel at the beach at home. The closest I ever get is when I visit the rivers and lakes near my home. I guess it is the mermaid side of my spirit that craves being near water.

Very soon I will be visiting Myrtle Beach and Wrightsville Beach, NC. I will be taking lots of photos to share with you on this blog.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment